Command demons on an epic adventure to save your city in the huge RPG, Shin Megami Tensei IV on Nintendo 3DS & 2DS, Super Smash Bros.
Not as good as Fire Emblem Awakening, but seriously the voice acting is God-like. I'd love for this to come to the UK,looks like a brilliant game. More important exchanges - particularly those with your teammates, or demons - use beautiful, screen-filling character portraits, enlivened by a Ken Burns effect. @CrimsonFire13 I am too! Didn't expect any less from SMT! One more thing I forgot to mention in the review: there's full support for touch control, and you can do pretty much anything in the game with the stylus. As well as the main story, you can undertake many exciting side missions from characters in K’s Tavern, the favoured spot of off-duty Samurai. Actually I probably enjoy it but I'm afraid it will be too hard for me to grasp. If the country setting of a Nintendo Account is different, the details of this offer may be adjusted (for example, the price will be displayed in the respective local currency). I am so late to this party. Now the latest entry in the mainline Shin Megami Tensei series has arrived to complete the dungeon-crawling hat-trick, bringing its unique brand of demon summoning and dark, multilinear storytelling to Nintendo's dual-screened darling. It sounds so bizarre that one of the two towns is menu driven and the other is open world... but obviously that's hardly a deal breaker. Things get weird very quickly, however, and it's not long before your group finds itself in the strange land of Tokyo, desolate and overrun with demons, on a very different mission. You'll earn 10 "App Points" with each level gained, and you can spend these however you like - upgrades include space for more demons or skills, negotiating tools, experience boosters, and hacks to lower MP costs, raise the level ceiling for demon fusion, or even regenerate HP or MP as you walk. I'm crying tears of joy that I will be playing this next week. It reminds us of the three representations of the characters in Fire Emblem: Awakening - rather than creating a hodgepodge, it gives the game a great sense of stylistic variety. The battle system is based around eight elemental strengths and weaknesses, with physical, gun, ice, fire, force, electric, light, and dark attacks all coming into play. I might just get this game then! "However, the problem remains that the original DS game hit stores two years ago. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information. "kanto". I'm a pretty straight-laced gamer if I do say so myself, I don't play any horror games nor the like. I enjoyed this game for the first few hours. Last one . For pre-orders, payments will be taken automatically starting from 7 days before the release date. Even though overclocked has some of those same elements I thought it was a good story of good vs evil!

Plus that club Nintendo offer is too good for me to pass up. Thinking of getting this on Thursday at €12.99. It's also occasionally disturbing; the game earns its M rating from the plot as much as from its nearly-nude demons. Not really into RPG's, but I think I'd like to give it a go. I have never played one of these games, but I know they have a pretty high reputation, as does the Fire Emblem series. This system must be updated to the latest system software and connected to the internet with automatic downloads enabled, and it must have enough storage to complete the download. Please visit our Support section for more information. Is the rest of the text filled with King James speak??? Gu Huo Niao is the most demon-butt I recall seeing, and there's definitely nothing graphically sexual. Together, these elements provide a deeper and more satisfying experience, something I have come to expect from Atlus Persona team with talent. Content not playable before the release date: {{releaseDate}} . that are just as you'd expect, plus plenty of human-like demons wearing battle-appropriate and/or more modest attire! Whichever difficulty you chose to play on, you'll be able to tailor the game system to your liking with Burroughs' 'Apps'. I wanted this game before, now with good reviews and the $30 promo, I can't wait. That game seemed cool from the demo.

Unfortunately we can not be said of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Fortunately, you can disable the voice in the options menu, but as one of very few new items for overclocking, it's a shame that such a bad thing. Your party members are recruitable demons instead of your character's friends from high school. However if you do want something similar to Fire Emblen then try Devil Survior Overclocked. @WiiLovePeace I hear ya, I'm the same way! /smtg/ - 真・女神転生 / Shin Megami Tensei General - "/vg/ - Video Game Generals" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games. Plus, the three paths make it more replayable than most big RPGs! $121.63. Unless you really like jrpgs stay clear of this. @Joshers744 This is nothing like Fire Emblem just to let you know!

@Canis_Wolfred It's an amazing game! Since I don't normally like "dark" games at all myself and I've totally loved this one, my inkling would be to say that if the game mechanics appeal to you I think you'll really enjoy it! There aren't any random encounters here; instead, enemies appear as ghostly, pixelated figures roaming dungeons and the streets of Tokyo, and it's up to you to initiate a battle with a satisfying slash of your samurai sword. I really will just ignore the game's media, for now. These games are much more serious and dark in tone.

This could be a great way to try out this series! Any RPG fan up for a dark adventure will have a blast here; you don't need any background in the MegaTen series to enjoy it, and the well-balanced Easy mode means anyone can get in on the action. Was it on Easy mode? I'd never be able to play The Last of Us, Resident Evil, or any horror games, but I didn't have any trouble with this one. Stuff gets over-rated here in my opinion (and yet the comments sections are always full of people asking for an even higher score), but there is one magazine and one website that I put a very high trust into it, and I also watch Gametrailers video reviews, although I don't really listen to their scores, I just find it's the best place for video footage. This content is sold by Nintendo of Europe GmbH. I haven't tried this series yet. Another thing that helps make this easier to get into is that the quest system is really good at keeping you from getting lost / forgetting what you're supposed to be doing. I'm getting it. I thought the game would be too stuffy and boring at first until I started fighting demons. Language: The game features English voice-overs and English text.Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Sega, Nintendo 3DS, 730865300242 I think I'll try before I buy... @laxking97 Quite a few of the human-like demons (both male and female) are wearing very little clothing and/or sexualized in their portrayal, and there are a couple of demons that could charitably be described as "phallic".

@zipmon how 'dark' does this game get? Glad to see such a good review!

@Drop-Dead-Fred Nope, not even the publisher is known i think. Starting from: Does anyone know if they included a Japanese dub? By taking a few minutes to share your thoughts and opinions, you will be helping us to improve our website. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked makes an interesting game to review. This system must be updated to the latest system software and connected to the internet with automatic downloads enabled, and it must have enough storage to complete the download. I'm considering jumping into the series now. Graphically, Shin Megami Tensei IV is characterized by a smorgasbord of different presentation styles. You'll have all the info you need right in the menu, instead of having to glean it from NPCs. This is awesome. The Flash Card for the 3DS would be able to store numerous files for the 3DS ROM as well as save Movies, Games, and even MP3s. Congrats to the creators of this great game.

Is it often, or is it just once in a while? I know I'm going to love it. @Joshers744 Yeah I'm sure you wouldn't like the story parts at all.
solely based on one review. Seemed like half this review could be said about any Shin Megami Tensei game. lol at the people who will now get this game solely because it received a 9. Apps can be obtained by purchasing them with App Points, which Flynn gets 10 of every level. @Peach64 I wasn't criticizing at all, just laughing. To be able to purchase content for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems, a Nintendo Network ID is also required and your funds usable through the Nintendo Account must be merged with the funds tied to your Nintendo Network ID. Especially since it is basically only 10$ because I already have Fire Emblem Awakening! Anyone got any idea when we may get a release???? Still a sweet deal. Edit: Glad I preordered. You’ll never know when an action may affect the course of the story, but adventure is never far off in Shin Megami Tensei IV, only in eShop on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS! The new chapter takes the time to give more players in history, and I get in the development of a secondary character, but not long enough, and ultimately irrelevant.